» Split cable entry systems and » cable glands by icotek enable a fast, safe and cost-effective way to feed cables with connectors or cable protection conduits through the train floor, body or roof (e.g. for heating and air conditioning) without voiding the warranty of the cables. icotek split cable entry components also seal the entry points with up to IP66/IP68 and UL type 4X rated protection and provide strain relief according to EN 62444.
Cables without connectors as well as pneumatic and hydraulic hoses can be routed through » membrane based multi-cable entry plates which provide up to IP66/IP68 and UL type 4X rated protection.
For railway applications with lower ingress protection requirements icotek offers » brush plates and brush strips for round and rectangular cut-outs.
Our cable entry components fit on rectangular or round metric cut-outs from M16 to M85. For installation icotek offers suitable » knockout tools and punches.
Fields of application for icotek cable management components in rolling stock are e.g.
- Central electrics/fuse boxes/electrical enclosures/control panels
- Heating/air conditioning
- Train driver's cab (cable routing from engine compartment through the vehicle body)
- Underbody of locomotives and railway wagons
- Signal and lighting devices
- Passenger compartment (cable feedthrough at service points, e.g. battery charging stations/power supply)