EMI cable shield earthing is very important. The area where the cable shield is connected to the enclosure earth is a critical point. It is very important that the connection has a low resistance (EMC). icotek SKL » cable shield clamps are a low cost but highly effective and universal solution. SKL clamps can be installed on mounting rails, the panel wall itself or directly on frequency converters, drives or bus modules. In comparison to conventional EMC brackets an up to 50% higher contact area can be achieved when using the SKL line.
Fields of application for icotek cable management components in wind turbines / wind farms are e.g.
- Control panels / enclosures
- Pitch control systems for wind turbine blades
- Slip ring assemblies for energy- and data transfer
- Connection of measuring instruments / sensors to the nacelle interior
- Connection of obstruction lighting to the nacelle interior
- Cable routing inside the nacelle
- Supply cable routing inside the tower
- Condition monitoring systems
- AC inverters
In general, icotek products have a high quality and outstanding efficiency. All icotek products are quick and easy to install and to be assembled with cables, during the initial installation as well as in case of maintenance or retrofitting.
Many of our products are available with anti-corrosive V2A screws or do not consist of any metallic parts at all which qualifies them for offshore use as well.
The icotek cable entry components comply with important approvals and standards like IP and UL rated protection, UL recognition, DNV-GL, RINA or UV resistance which makes icotek a strong and reliable partner for the wind energy industry.