Reliable earthing of cable shields – highly flexible on shield diameters!
For process measurement and control equipment an increasingly higher level of protection against failure is required. Reliable EMI cable shield earthing is very important. The highly flexible MSKL cable shield clamps are characterised by a low resistance in large frequency fields and an efficient earthing of cable shield diameters from 3 to 18 mm - with only 2 different clamp sizes needed!
With the multi-diameter shield clamp MSKL almost 90% of the shielded cables on the market can be contacted with only two clamp sizes.
The MSKL series by icotek impresses with its very large clamping areas (3 - 12 mm and 8 - 18 mm), a contact area which is approximately 50% larger than with conventional shielding brackets and a comparatively low overall width and height. The integrated strain relief according to EN 62444 is achieved via the robust cable jacket and not via the sensitive cable shield braid.
MSKL shield clamps are available for the following mounting types:
Advantages & benefits
- Large clamping areas, therefore less product sizes needed to cover a large cable diameter range
- Space-saving design, even when fully assembled
- Large contact area
- Simple mounting, easy assembly
- Partially with integrated strain relief
- The spring design requires no adjustments and will permanently maintain contact to the cable shield
- Shock and vibration resistant, maintenance free
Material shield clamp: Spring steel, zinc plated
Material mounting foot: Spring steel, zinc plated / Sheet steel, galvanically zinc plated
Please feel free to contact us for more information and free product samples!